The sparrow flies at midnight...

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Coincidences or not?

So, as I've been saying, there's been a whole lot going on. I'm not sure if I should post a whole, long, rambling summary or break it down into multiple posts for easier reading but it's all loosely related so here goes:

A few weeks ago, I went to the Madonna concert at MSG (which was very cool). The place was packed, as it was her last night in NYC, and so there was so much traffic just trying to get out, we kept checking every exit to see what was moving. Finally, a staircase was chosen and as I was telling my friend some camp story about horseback riding, a girl I knew in camp was behind us and recognized me! She heard me telling the story and the funny thing is she remembered it because she was there when it happened. It was truly bizarre and we caught up and exchanged info but I'm not sure if we'll really manage to stay in touch (she's married, has a kid and lives in NJ) but it was still a nice surprise to see her.

Cut to a week later when I was going to the movies and running late. I was with some friends and ran into this guy I knew from high school who I hadn't seen for at least 6 or 7 years - give or take. I'd been over weight then, so he commented on how great I looked now (yay!) and we exchanged numbers but who knows.

But wait, there's more. A friend I went to camp AND high school with found me on myspace. Ok, I know what you're thinking...that happens all of the time. I give you that but what was weird is that we were both going to that "Harry, Carrie & Garp" thing, which was amazing, on the same night. We started IMing and figured it'd be too hard to find each other but we'd keep an eye out. Wouldn't you know I wound up in back of him & his wife on line at the side entrance! We couldn't have planned it any better.
We were both also going to the DMB show just on different days. So we've been IMing since and we've both been in touch with another high school friend through myspace so, of course, we planned a little get together after work on Friday. It would be me and 3 sweet, good guys, who I hadn't seen in over a decade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home