The sparrow flies at midnight...

Monday, July 10, 2006

Things I learned during the World Cup final game

Yesterday I was invited to watch the final game of the World Cup at my friend's penthouse apartment in midtown. Hell, I'd go there to watch paint dry! Anyway, I figured I'd learn a little about soccer since I know absolutely nothing about the sport except for whatever I might have picked up from "Bend It Like Beckham". In theme with the day, I learned that soccer games are pretty much set time-wise...2 halves, 2 OT's and, if worse comes to worse, a penalty kick-off.

Completely off the topic, I learned the following:

milk thistle is an herb you can take to increase liver function and help you drink more. This coming from a Scotsman.

boondoggle is known in the business world for trips taken to "exotic" or popular locations for a meeting. Usually, these meetings could have been either handled over the phone or not occurred all together.

rice queen/potato queen/spaghetti queen - these are all terms referring to what ethinicity is most attractive to another individual (there are also size queens but as one person said yesterday "Who isn't?") You can look up these definitions and more on urbandictionary.com

Quite an educational day. Go Italy!

2 Comments:

Blogger MacFurious said...

I need me some g-ddamn milkthistle... how come I haven't heard of this before???

:)

11:36 AM  
Blogger the sparrow said...

Welcome back, Mac! Glad I could help you out with some useful info.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home