The sparrow flies at midnight...

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Happy Channukah!

It's a good thing this holiday is 8 days and nights, and yet still I'm squeaking in just under the gun. Ah well, it's been quite a busy week what with holiday parties with both work people and friends, a little bit of drama, hand-grating the potatoes for latkes at my mom's, tying up loose ends at work before I'm off for over a week (woohoo!) and hoping those last few presents arrive in time. Add all of that plus a cold that's been nagging since Sunday and you get a blogger neglecting all 3 of her readers...ha ha ha

On a more solemn note, it's the first Channukah without my gramps, who passed away just before Thanksgiving. Among the things I took from my grandparents' apartment was this sort of old school brass & mosaic menorah. Although I'm not religious in any way, and have even been too lazy to take the electric menorah out of the closet the last few years, I got some candles from my mom and have lit that menorah the past few nights. It's a simple thing to put candles in a holder and light them, but doing so made me feel closer to my grandparents' and it felt like I was honoring them. I even got a little choked up. Who knew?

Happy Channukah to all!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home