The sparrow flies at midnight...

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Who ever heard of a Maltese Sparrow?

I happened to check my site meter the other day and noticed that I’ve had some surprising international readers as of late – Spain, India, Romania and Malta. Curious as to how these people arrived at my page, I checked to see if they had referring URL’s and the most interesting one was from Malta. The person had googled “maltese sparrow” and I was immediately intrigued. We’re all familiar, on some level, with “The Maltese Falcon”, but a Maltese sparrow? I began to investigate further and googled this myself. Among the hits delivered to me were a song, a weird government document from New South Wales, and this image. However, the most noteworthy was a charming detective story, told in 10 installments (old-school style) and you can read it here. Enjoy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Red Bull said...

The hit likely came from me when I checked your blog from Malta. :P

You can see some pictures from my trip here.

5:21 PM  
Blogger the sparrow said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:17 AM  
Blogger the sparrow said...

1. You'd already left Malta, so it couldn't have been your hit.
2. The link didn't work.
3. A blog comment...are you serious? Thanks for playing, try again.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home