The sparrow flies at midnight...

Friday, March 03, 2006

Movies, movies, movies

With the Academy Awards coming up on Sunday, the buzz around the water cooler is all about movies, actors and the red carpet. Of the movies that have been nominated in various categories, I have seen two. "Brokeback Mountain" and "Crash". And I wasn't overly impressed with either. With regards to the former, I just saw it a few days ago and had probably heard too much hype which set unlrealistic expectations. Who knows...perhaps I just wasn't in the mood. I enjoyed "Crash" more as there we some interesting and surprisng performances. The quiet dramas and intimate films, for me, can usually wait until the dvd release. In general, I like seeing "big" pictures at the theater. Something that has more action, suspense, adventure, or horror (not gore).
In any case, it got me thinking about movies that I'm looking forward to seeing. Movies like "V for Vendetta", "The Libertine", and "Thank You For Smoking". Except for the latter, these movies may or may not be Oscar-worthy but I want to be entertained and to have a good time, not to cry or feel awful in some way. If I wanted to feel like that, I could just watch the news to see what Bush and his cronies are up to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home