The sparrow flies at midnight...

Sunday, April 30, 2006

A delightful Sunday

Today was about as perfect as some Sundays get. I woke up early, for me at least, and got all dolled-up for brunch. I even wore the new heels that cut up my feet last week after wearing them to work for the first time, but I love them. While making brunch plans last night, I had an idea that we should go to a fancy brunch at Blue Water Grill and it was one the best decisions I've made in a long time. The brunch was absolutely scrumptious and the best I've ever had. Not only was it the perfect dish of eggs benedict, but steak and eggs benedict (they also have lobster) and they have live jazz in, where else?, the jazz room.
Afterwards, I'd been wanting to go to DSW Warehouse, and after browsing row after row, I found a great pair of brown Chinese Laundry sandals that I'll be planning my outfit around tomorrow. Then it was time for Starbucks and people-watching in Union Square. It occurred to me then that picking up guys should be like shoe shopping...you spot them, go over, check them out from every angle, and try them on for fit. If they don't quite make the cut, you go on your merry way (guilt-free) and then every so often, you get to feel like Cinderella.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home