The sparrow flies at midnight...

Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Wow, it seems that this has been a week of fun-filled holidays. I started my St. Patrick's Day early by having some Jack & Coke's on the LES last night . We went to this great place called Karma, which is one the last great places in the city where you can actually smoke. They get around the "no smoking" law since they are specifically a tobacco bar, with hookahs and everything. My friend told me that their sales need to be something like 30% tobacco (for the hookahs) in order to claim their smoking rights. Anyway, it rocks. We sat at the bar, but there are plenty of couches and chairs in the back and downstairs is supposedly more of a club atmosphere. As a smoker, it was so nice to drink and smoke in a bar at the same time. No having to stand outside and freeze or take turns so the other person could watch the coats and bags. I will definitely be going back.
Today I'm wearing my Bay Ridge Football tshirt, since it's the only green piece of clothing I have and am looking forward to another evening of celebrating St. Patrick.
Erin Go Bragh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home