The sparrow flies at midnight...

Saturday, February 04, 2006

'Grandpa Munster' Died

'Grandpa Munster' Al Lewis Dies at 95
NEW YORK (AP) - Al Lewis, the cigar-chomping patriarch of "The Munsters" whose work as a basketball scout, restaurateur and political candidate never eclipsed his role as Grandpa from the television sitcom, died after years of failing health. He was 95.


Even though Al Lewis died at the ripe old age of 95, and I don't remember the last time I saw a "Munsters" episode, it still saddens me. Every time someone from your childhood dies, whether you knew them or not, it's a reminder that you can never go back. Sorry to be such a bummer today. Maybe it's the rain, or that I visited my own Gramps at his nursing home today. Rest in peace, Grandpa Lewis.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will miss Grandpa. I was beginning to think he was a real vampire. The last time I saw him, he looked much the same as he always did in my youth.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home